Friday, September 14, 2012

Introduction


Hi, my name is Hillary and I am from Naples, Florida in the United States of America.  I am going to school to become an elementary and/ or a middle school teacher. I love working with children and have an almost 2-year-old daughter named Sarina.

There are many things to do in my city.  From my house, I can drive 10 miles west and visit our local zoo and our beautiful beaches, or I can travel 15 miles east and explore one of my nation’s national parks, the everglades.  I personally enjoy going to the public parks with my daughter year round because it does not snow in Florida as we are in a subtropical zone.

At home, I love to relax by crafting, baking, and watching TV or reading a fictional book.  Sewing clothes and crocheting blankets are some of my favorite crafts.  Some of my favorite dishes are black beans and rice, deep-fried hot wings, pot roast, and empanadas.  My favorite TV shows are True Blood, Dexter (filmed in nearby Miami), Royal Pains, and Being Human.  My all-time favorite book series is Harry Potter, but I am currently reading Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles.

Photo Credit to  Milan.Boers on Flickr
Here is the Naples Beach Peer
Photo Credit to me
An egret in the Everglades swamp
Photo Credit to me
A moth hanging from a flower

2 comments:

M Coleman said...

Love your photos! That zig-zag of the alligator flag is so cool with the moth. Do you post to Flickr? You might like that community! :)

Natalie Blanco said...

Hillary! Dexter is coming back this month, I am so excited! Bet you are too hehe! Love your photos, you did a great job.